Sunday, September 09, 2007
Family History Resources Lessons Web Page
Miles Meyer from Jacksonville Florida has developed a website....(actually three the other two are mirror sites of the original due to the traffic load) that helps you to learn how to work efficiently and make the internet work for you in searching for your ancestors.
The classes that he has developed are:
* Introduction to HeritageQuest - (Sept. 9, 2007)
* Introduction to Roots Magic software - (Sept. 6, 2007)
* Index to Genealogical Websites - listing of mostly free sites with digital records or indexes - (Sept. 6, 2007)
* An Introduction to new FamilySearch - (Sept. 4, 2007)
* An Introduction to GenCircles Website -(Sept. 4, 2007)
* An Introduction to PAF - (Sept. 4, 2007)
* An Introduction to Vital Records - (Sept. 4, 2007)
* 8 Week Family History Sunday School Class - (Sept. 4, 2007)
* Using Message Boards Effectively - Sept. 4, 2007)
* Catching Your Ancestors in the Web - Internet lesson (beginners) - (Sept. 4, 2007)
The content was developed provides a wide variety of subjects that can help those just beginning their quest for family knowledge and for those seasoned veterans of the quest. The lessons are in the PDF format and thus require Adobe Reader. Adobe has a free version of the reader and you can obtain it by clicking Adobe Reader. If you would like to review the principles taught in these lessons, please feel free to click Family History Resources to be directed to the home page of this site. Have fun learning!
Posted by Jennifer Jackson at Sunday, September 09, 2007